Let`s talk about consent!

All About Respect starts conversations about healthy relationships and fosters a culture of respect to strengthen sexual violence, harassment and domestic abuse prevention. This short film was made by YSJU TV and Media Students with YSJU students.

Please see the support pages of this site for further information on support services.


A person must have the capacity to give free agreement. Capacity is based on the person:

Being the right age

Being sober

Having the mental and physical ability to freely agree

Not being threatened or afraid of harm

Not being detained against their will

If you have experienced any form of sexual violence, there is support available and people who can talk you through your options.

If you are experiencing sexual violence or are worried about someone who is you can talk in confidence to a University Welfare Adviser. To arrange an appointment you can email wellbeing@yorksj.ac.uk or call 01904 876477 or ask for Welfare at the Student Information Desk in the Holgate Student Centre. You can also report to us via the report pages of this site, either to an Adviser or anonymously. 

Sexual Assault or Rape

Local specialist services exist to support and advise you if you have been sexually assaulted or raped. Turn to Bridgehouse is York’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) and they provide a service for women and men who have been sexually assaulted or raped recently or in the past. You can make a self- referral to them through their website https://www.bridgehousesarc.org/ or call them on 0330 223 0362. The SARC are able to provide expert information on what to do after an attack (e.g. how to keep evidence of the assault) even if you are not ready to decide on what you want your next steps to be.









There are two ways you can report something