I have been sexually assaulted
If you think you have been sexually assaulted, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice.
· Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999.
· Finding a safe space. If possible, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call security 07885201182 / 01904 876444 . The Security Team can provide assistance and are able to be contacted 24 hours a day.
· What is Sexual Assault? You can read more about what sexual assault is here.
· Talk to a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
· You can talk to one of the University Welfare Advisers to find out about reporting options are and more about the support available both within and outside of the University. Student appointments can be booked at the student information desk in Holgate or through the Student Wellbeing Service by contacting email@example.com 01904 876477
· To find out more about your reporting options, we have produced a guide with further information.
· Report and Support. You can report any incident of Sexual Assault using the York St John University Report and Support system, either anonymously or with your details by clicking on ‘report with contact details’ which will put you in touch with a University Welfare Adviser.
· If you are on public transport, unwanted sexual behaviour can be reported to the British Transport Police by texting 61016 or call 0800 40 50 40. In an emergency, dial 999.
Find out about the support available if you have been sexually assaulted.