IDAS Champion Training
9am - 11:30am
This training is being hosted by All About Respect and delivered by IDAS (Independent Domestic Abuse Service). All About Respect aims to raise awareness about the importance of healthy relationships, by promoting consent, respect and responsibility to strengthen our prevention of domestic abuse, sexual harassment and sexual violence.
What is the training?
This training is being run for YSJ by local charity IDAS. IDAS is the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting anyone experiencing or affected by domestic abuse or sexual violence. (www.idas.org.uk)
Completing this training will mean you become an ‘IDAS Champion’.
The training will help you to: identify different types of domestic abuse, understand barriers for victims accessing support, access the support available to the victim and perpetrator, the importance of boundaries, the law around domestic violence and abuse, how social media can be used to abuse people, and the importance of looking after your own personal wellbeing when talking about domestic abuse.
Any student can become an IDAS Champion. If you want to learn new skills, help people get the support they need or simply want to be that person who makes a difference - sign up to the training session.
What will I get from the training?
- New skills to equip you to make a difference to people’s lives
- The title of IDAS Champion shows your commitment to social justice
- Fantastic training to add to your CV
- Access to online training: IDAS Basic Domestic Abuse Awareness Training and Rape Awareness Training
- Regular email updates and opportunities to attend further workshops on domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Networking opportunities with other IDAS Champions
If you have any questions or would like further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you there!