I think I am/have been experiencing Domestic Abuse


  Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999.

  Finding a safe space.  If possible, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call security 07885201182 / 01904 876444 . The Security Team can provide assistance and are able to be contacted 24 hours a day.

  Domestic Abuse can happen to anyone, by anyone. There are lots of different kinds of abuse, but it is always about having power and control over you. You can read more about what Domestic Abuse is here and read through the IDAS Domestic Abuse Checklist


 Talk to a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.

 You can talk to one of the University Welfare Advisers to find out more about the support available both within and outside of the University.  Student appointments can be booked at the student information desk in Holgate or through the Student Wellbeing Service by contacting wellbeing@yorksj.ac.uk 01904 876477


 Report and Support. You can Report any incident of Domestic Abuse using the York St John University Report and Support system, either anonymously or with your details by clicking on ‘report with contact details’ which will put you in touch with a University Welfare Adviser.

 Get Support

Find out about the support available if you have or are experiencing Domestic Abuse


There are two ways you can tell us what happened