I think I am/have been experiencing Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is not okay and has no place in the University community.
Sexual harassment is unwanted and unwelcome words, conduct, or behaviour of a sexual nature that has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, embarrassing, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for the recipient. You can read more about sexual harassment and what it is here.
· Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999.
· Finding a safe space. If possible, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are on campus you can call security 07885201182 / 01904 876444 The Security Team can provide assistance and are able to be contacted 24 hours a day.
· To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
· You can talk to one of the University Welfare Advisers to find out what your reporting options are and more about the support available both within and outside of the University. Appointments can be booked at the student information desk in Holgate or through the Student Wellbeing Service by contacting email@example.com 01904 876477
· If you are being bullied or harassed by another York St John student, you can contact one of our Harassment Advisers HA@yorksj.ac.uk . Our Harassment Advisers are staff from across the University who have received specialist training to support students in this role.
· You can also talk to any of your presidents in the Students Union. You can contact the Vice President of Welfare and Diversity at the Student Union by emailing VPWD@yorksj.ac.uk or call in to the Student Union building.
Report and Support. You can report any incident of Sexual Harassment anonymously or you can report with your details by clicking on ‘report with contact details’ which will put you in touch with a University Welfare Adviser.
Find out what support is available if you have been sexually harassed.